Sunday, July 15, 2012


F(x) 'Electric Shock', Dal Shabet 'Mr.Bang Bang', Boyfriend 'Love Style'

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, got caught up with other things and this blog just got neglected. heehee :)
But many new MVs have come out since my last post so now, as a result, i've got a bunch of reviews to write. 

Boyfriend 'Love Style'
Was really really looking forward to their comeback cuz i really really, really liked 'Boyfriend.' But I was severely disappointed with their comeback MV. 
I think i was a bit too harsh on the boys at first, so i forced myself to re-watch the MV and reconsider.
Wardrobe:
Floral jumpsuits and floral suit jackets. Were we going through a wallpapers when we were coordinating their outfits? Answer me coordi Noona and makane stylist! It looked horrible, childish, and really outdated. Speaking of which, most of the members had up-do's that looked they they were from the movie 'Grease' or something. The only article of clothing i liked was that long white jacket that either Youngmin or Kwangmin(the twins) was wearing during his solo shot at 1:11. I hated just about everything else they were wearing. To contradict, while most member are trying they're best to make that whole floral mess look good, one member has on a plaid(?) jacket with spikes on the shoulders. Yeah. *Face Palm*
Song/Lyrics:
The song had a really upbeat feel. I watched a subbed version and i tear up a little, i'm like you're willing to change that much for the person you love? That's soo sweet. No, that's more than sweet it's love.(ok that just sounded really cheesy). Oh, the things that k-pop can do to me.
Choreography:
The boys were still the cute lovable guys i loved so much form 'Boyfriend.' Their moves were simple, fun, and cute. But maybe it was too simple.
At 2:03 i was like what the.. why the back-up dancers just use the other member like you've been doing. Why pay these guy to appear for less than 10 seconds in your MV? That just irritated me. We have 4 other very goo-looking boys to do this dance. Why would you not not use them and have some like nerdy looking guys in their 30s dance with this boy? I don't understand the minds of these directors. *sigh*
What Irritated the ---------- Out of Me And I Don't Know What Category I Should Put It Under So I'll Just Write About It On Its Own 
During most of the solo shots the members were against a green screen. So usually you would have some cool background going on behind them that's somewhat but not really related to the MV right? And we expect the same thing here right? Wrong. 
So in the first few seconds of the MV they had "Boyfriend", "Love Style", and "First Mini Album" on the screen. I was completely ok with that, in the beginning. Then during their solo shots (ex 1:15, 1:18,1:25) stuff like
"DISTRIBUTEDBYLEONENTERTIANMENT,INC.
MANUFACUTUREDBYSEO(1:25 his head's blocking it so i can't read it)IA,INC.
2012.06ALLRIGHTSRESERVED
UNAUTHORIZED" written just like that all caps,no spaces, not kidding, well minus the () of course. That just tells me that the company wasn't really going to go all the way with this MV and didn't even try to hide that. That infuriates me, Boyfriend deserves better than this slacker effort by their company. They probably spent all their won sending SISTAR to Las Vegas. I think this is where budgeting comes in. But hey,  I'm just netizen who's a of fan of this group, what would I know compared to the company that owns them? Oh, there are times.......
Conclusion:
After my reconsidering these are my feelings:like the song, but seriously despise the MV.

Dal Shabet 'Mr.Bang Bang'
When i first saw this MV, i hated it. But like 'Love Style' i re-watched it and re-considered.
Song: 
Fun, catchy, and totally something Dal Shabet would do. The English makes complete sense and fits the situation perfectly. DAL SHABET THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR USING ENGLISH PROPERLY!!!! *applauds while a tear falls* (well u know there was that one grammar mistake when she says ''how longer is it gonna take?"instead of "how much longer is it gonna take?" but that's ok cuz the rest of the English was used so well). This song is totally something I'd want to dance and sing along to.
Dance: 
Cute-ish, considering there was a lot of...hip movement going on here.Love how at 1:01 they start dancing with their guns in hand. 
Wardrobe:
I see we're still stuck in the old west from B1A4's 'Baby Goodnight'. In a way the outfits seemed to combine the old west and modern dress.The hat at 1:50 the denim, and the boots put together with the... shorter modern styles(see the tops and bottoms they are wearing) made me think that.     
Other Comments:
At 0:44 they just get up from being scared by that one shot and start chasing people and pointing guns at everyone like psychos. I don't know but for some reason that made me laugh. Maybe i'm just twisted like that.
At 1:29 yes, use your gun as a mic because that's not dangerous at all. Oh, hun i hope your finger's not on the,.. oh it is on the trigger.I really hope your finger doesn't slip.
Conclusion:
It's a funny MV that fits the song pretty well in my opinion. All in all, this was a good comeback for Dal Shabet. FIGHTING!!!!

F(x) 'Electric Shock'
Okay so this MV was basically a dance with solo shots. And I loved every second of it.
Song:
Fun beat and very addictive; as is the rest of the album.
Choreography:
To me it looked like the  music cued when and how they should move. I love when groups move according to the music, let the music tell them what to do.
Sets:
I loved how the purple and pink set had those lights spinning around like crazy and the white set had lights pulsating like, well an electric shock 
Things the Members Did That I Loved:
Victoria at 1:20 she looked so pretty and had a voice to match her image
Sulli at 1:28 holding the paddles asking 'Doctor what are these?" hee again with the shock
Luna the whole time
Amber girl's got it goin' on 
Krystal when she lead the dance at the start of the MV

Of all the MVs I reviewed in this post, 'Electric Shock' is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment