Monday, June 4, 2012

B1A4 'Baby Goodnight' VIXX 'Super Hero'

Okay, i gots a lot to say. Here we go!

Let's start with B1A4 'Baby Goodnight"
Plotline
Let's talk about what's going on in the song first. So in the beginning with the phone call, Jinyoung tells the girl on the phone "You go to sleep first to day and I will go to sleep after you." When really he's gonna dress up all fancy after hanging up the phone and go out, without anyone knowing (that's a translation of the beginning lyrics).Then they go on to say "For tonight i'm gonna play tomorrow i'll be back to you. If you find out,even if it gets award will you just let it go. While you sleep i'll be dancing in the moonlight. Today you aren't in my head." (i'm not thinking about you) "Sorry, you're not here."
So basically they're saying tonight i'm gonna be a play boy but  tomorrow  i'll be faithful (let's hope) to you. And don't get all up in my case if you find out that i cheated on you.
So, with this being said i LOVED in the end when the girl was with another guy. I was like, Ohh CNU boy, you got played. You thought you were so sly but look it, she's doing the same thing to you.HA!!!! 
This reminded me of TEEN TOP's 'Perfume', and i HATE that song/MV. But the reason i don't hate 'Baby Goodnight' with a burning passion like i do 'Perfume' is because
1) i didn't feel like CNU was forcing it(i say that for lack of a better term, forcing) like Chunji (ex when he freakin' winked at his gf when she saw him cheating with the noona)
2) the girl got payback
3) at 1:41 there's a little regret when Baro says " What's this uncomfortable feeling?" but then he says "Oh well. I don't know. Let's just go out." But at least we know that he felt a little bit guilty, even if it was only for a second. Also we see at 1:02-1:04 that CNU is still thinking about his gf.
Song
The mere sound and vocals of the song i like. It's a type of song i'd expect from B1A4. And i love just the sound, really catchy and fun. But then we also have to look at what the lyrics are saying too, so then here, i'm torn. 
The mild cheater song. 
Image/ Times i Fangirled
Ok, i don't understand how they even come up with a western theme for this MV. But B1A4 still make it work, somehow. B1A4 has done things like this before, whimsical images that don' t make too much sense( see 'O.K.' and 'Beautiful Target' for reference). I think we took a few steps backward from the 'Baby I'm Sorry" comeback. This frustrates me because why bother to even attempt a more mature image if you're just going to go back to the cutesy image. This makes me question if they really are experimenting with their image or they're just plain out of ideas and took a chance on the first thing they thought of.  
This is why i really appreciate consistency with k-pop groups.
I was basically fangirling though this whole MV. How do they wear cowboy duds and still manage to look so good?
It's either:
A) they really are hot by any standards
B) i,along with many other fans, am fangirling too much
I think it's a combination of both.
Sidenote: Before this i read comments on YouTube saying that Gongchan was very attractive, but i just didn't see that. But like T.O.P in 'Fantastic Baby', in 'Baby Goodnight' i saw the allure and charm that is Gongchan. Jinyoung is still my B1A4 bias though. At 30 seconds into the MV, that is Gongchan's signature move, that head tilt he does while saying "Ah", cue fangirling.
Dance
Very simple, again something i expect from B1A4. I think it matched the song ok too.
English
I am very proud of B1A4, for their English has improved dramatically. Unlike "city love light" in 'Baby I'm Sorry', the English in this song actually makes sense. (insert applause and slight tear streaming down the cheek here)
Conclusion
Overall i like the song and the MV. Even if the MV theme was really random (cowboys, of all things). But maybe it makes a little sense because they had saloons in the old west and that's like the old west version of a nightclub and in the MV.
I have mixed feelings about this song/ MV so i can't love it. The BANA inside of me tells me to like it no matter what, but the practical side of me is very put off by what this song is actually about. 
WHY, B1A4 why must you make a cheater's song so fun and catchy?!!!???!!!

Moving on to VIXX's 'Super Hero'
My Reaction
When i first saw this MV i didn't really care for it. My interest was sparked the 2nd time watching it and by the 4th time  i loved this mv and song and was fangirling like crazy.
Song
I liked the song, after a while it's very catchy and by the 4th listen i suddenly found their voices very dreamy. The song is basically it's saying "I'll do anything for you, I can give you anything."
I love how at the end they say "I feel fantastic" instead of "Achilachil fantastic" it seems like a very good way to end the song.
I loved at 1:41 what Leo did with his voice when he sang 'Fly." He did that during their debut stage and it did not sound good, but he is doing it while he's dancing and at live performances you can't rely on editing to fix your voice . But it was a good try and he didn't really dwell on it during the performance, or maybe he didn't consider it a mistake. 
I feel like Leo and Ken will be a kinda like a vocal couple. I like the way they interacted with each other when they sang together.
MV
During the MV i counted a total of 5 different sets and they wear different outfits at each set. That must have taken a long time to film. Of all the sets they had, the one at the very beginning is my fav, although the last set is a close second. And there was some ageyo in there esp. with Hyuk( guy with black hair that looks like it piled on his head) and N ( the guy who kinda looks like L.Joe), which, of course, i loved.
Members
I loved(i need to get a new word"love" is starting to get overused) how they acted during their solo screen shots.
People say that Ravi(that sounds like a very Indian name) looks like mychonny, i think sorta, but not really.
I think that every one of these guys have a talent that was shown at leat a little bit in the MV and during their debut stage.
VIXX's Name
Aigoo, that just, ugg. After a while i thought their name was a roman numeral and thinking what does that have to do with anything but I didn't realize that Ravi said when their name means in the beginning of 'Super Hero.' Their name stands for Visual, Voice, Value in Excelsis (excelsis meaning "in the highest")
So, if this were supposed to be a true acronym then it wold be something like VVVIE. I got really frustrated yet fascinated while trying to figure out their name. Fascinated because you are calling yourselves the highest? hmm, aren't we a bit arrogant.
Conclusion
I think it's safe to say i am a fan of this group. I went gaga for the song and vid but it had to grow on me.
VIXX FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment