Monday, July 23, 2012

BIGBANG 'Monster' and TEEN TOP 'To You'

TEEN TOP 'To You'
OK in this song I, and many other fans, were all trying to figure out what they were saying. I heard 
"Hey,do you, do you, do you now" 
"Hey, do you, do you, do you know?" but never "to you" 
either: 
1)my hearing is weird 
2)thier pronunciation is off 
i think it's a combo of both
As just a song, I love it, vocals seemed to sort of compliment one another, in a way . 
Chanjo's opening part is in my head.
Really liked Neil's ''it's like maeil maeil  every day-ah.'' And when he says "Babo ga dwaesseo ireohkena honja" esp the ''na honja." Which make the little voice inside of me say "we were just talking about how we don't like Neil getting these uber long vocal parts, so it looks like the group is Neil and Co. Now we have him share the spotlight with the others and all you have to say is you like Neil's chorus part? you freakin' fickle person!!!" 
Yeah that's me.
Loved L.Joes rap at 2:23 and his facial expressions. During this part, I was like "that's right L.Joe you beat up that cheating scumbag" (yes i still have hard feelings from the 'Perfume" MV)
Come to think of it I was also fond of CAP's rap. When he got rejected i was like "ooh, dude, that's gotta hurt'' and he delt with that pain by what looked like flicking her off. Yeah, like a boss CAP, like a boss.
That girl looked very manly, esp. when she went to grab the couple ring. Are you telling me that this girl managed to play ALL the members of TEEN TOP? Like actually date them all? It kind of threw me off when all the other members walked around all angry and depressed (great opportunity to show off their acting, nice) but L.Joe and Chunji looked like they were about o throw down. Very disappointed when i didn't get to see the cheater guy's guts spill out but if we did there would be a whole mob of upset fan-girls with pitchforks and torches waiting to murder the person who thought that up. Oh well, you can't please everyone, esp the minority (being just me in this case).
Ah, that hurt me when L.Joe put the couple ring on the table at 3:24. Oh, that hurt, cue the tears.
At 3:33 i got so excited like " o daebak they're all in the room and she's going to get confronted, Where's my popcorn? This is gonna get good'' Only to have my hopes crushed when she walks into an empty room. So close to getting on my list of epic MVs. 
At 3:44 L.Joe held up that necklace saying "To You" i was like "hold up, he was wearing that the whole time? Then i watched the video over and saw that Chanjo and CAP also had rings saying "To You" boy, did i feel stupid then.
Really digging Chunji's red flame haier and facial expression at 1:22.
Also how L.Joe rocks that checkered suit at 1:22.
The way they all rolled their jackets down and did the shoulder moves as well as Neil's body roll made the church-girl inside me go o_o only my eyes were much wider and my mouth was in the shape of an 'o'.
Really like the dance sequence at the car- parking- lot- place...at 1:47. Favorite location out of the whole MV.
Neil's note was in ENGLISH not KOREAN. MUST READ. But I can't  because he only shows part of the note and penmanship is very poor. 
But here's what i got so far:
True (but is probably, hopefully "Give") me on chance, it right?, and is...
And that's all i'm gonna get cause the dude crumbles it up before I can see anything else.
Overall I think this is the best MV TEEN TOP has come out with and I liked it a lot. There was a plot line which you could follow most of the time. They changed their image a whole bunch for this too so, thumbs up from me. That's the whole purpose of a comeback: to recreate your image. TEENTOP really accomplished that so i stand behind them in that respect 100% (unlike some concepts they went for in the past like transforming- spy-boys with waay too much makeup in 'Supa Luv', that concept made no sense to me, but this one does). We also got to see the other member more so now we know it's not "Neil and Co"
And there was a note that was in English major points for that, even if i could only read part of it and what i read didn't make too much sense.
In the dance version I rather enjoyed 2:02 when L.Joe punched Neil. On purpose. hehehe I know, I'm evil. I also noticed there a was a Ferris wheel and a carousel at 2:22. Could that be the same Ferris wheel from B1A4's 'Beautiful Target'? Do they just keep these things in huge storage rooms or something? 
I'm very curious now.*rubs chin while pondering*
Other Comments:
Oh wow, L.Joe is using an iPhone. *shock it's not Samsung*
The red suits during the dancing sequences reminded me of U-KISS 'Forbidden Love' (loved that MV soo much).

BIGBANG's  'Monster'
This is probably one of the most epic MVs in music history. That was what I thought when I first watched the MV. Then after watching the EatYourKimchi review over it, I decided to reexamine my thoughts. 
I agree with Simon that there really is no story within the MV but in the song itself there is. He's changed the whole world has turned against him and now she is too; that's the story in a nutshell. 
Maybe in the MV, it's supposed to be a supposed "monster" trying to find it's way out of a maze; the maze being representative of the judging eyes of society. Well, there's my attempt at playing English teacher.
This MV definitely had ''monster'' written all over it. I consider that a concept, and this MV did a really good job of showing that; through the wardrobe as well as hair/makeup. This MV gets high marks from me just for that in and of itself.
The song made me cry when T.O.P said "the thing that hurts the most is that you've become part of everyone.''I think this whole song tugs at the emotions a bit and BIGBANG's acting just adds to that. My favorite part, as far as vocals go, was Sungri's from 2:03-2:17, even though his English was a bit off. There's no history of YG songs that have misused English like some other companies, *cough SM cough* so I don't have a huge problem with it.
The song for me was a complete masterpiece and I felt like the MV showed one huge element in the story of the song. He's changed and people now view him as a monster; the MV shows him as a"monster." Which leads me to another thought. So my friend was telling me how this album really show us BIGBANG's feelings when they were going through their ''scandals.'' So this lead me to think that perhaps this was a song to all those people who stopped being fans of BIGBANG when thing started to look bad. Just like 'Still Alive' was a song to people who thought BIGBANG was going to disband but' that's just what I think soo.. yeah.
Other Little Comments:
While the other members take their frustrations out on the statue by either punching it like Senguri and Daesung or kicking like Taeyoung and GD, T.O.P just pushes the thing down and walks away. Like a boss T.O.P, like a boss.
What is this at 2:39? There has got to be symbolism in that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment