Monday, April 30, 2012

Taetiseo And Sunny Hill 

So Girls' Generation finally, FINALLY, came out with a sub-group. Just saw "Twinkle Twinkle", and I... didn't really like it. Okay before people start calling me a hater let me say something. The first k-pop song I ever heard was SNSD 'Gee' back in 2009 which was the same year the song was released. I loved that song then and I still do. To this very day I am a SONE (favorite SNSD song: Mr.Taxi). But I just didn't like the 'Twinkle Twinkle' song very much other than the chorus. To be honest I sorta disliked the video. There was too much flash and bling for me. I got the feeling that the members were trying to convey the diva image. When I think diva I think of a powerful,charismatic, fierce woman and that's not the feeling I got from this video. The choreography was simple and somewhat cute, but it just didn't feel right to me. I'm not saying that this video is bad, there was just too much frou frou for me to focus on anything else.

BTW Am I the only one who is now really annoyed with the Genie add?
I was wondering why the perfume was being used so much in this video but then ANOTHER add appeared at the bottom of the screen which reveled all. Suddenly the whole video just felt like a really long CF from then on.
I wonder how much won SM is getting form these companies?
Honestly, the Genie add was really starting to annoy me but then they add another one? Seriously?


Over the weekend I saw the music video for Sunny Hill's 'The Grasshopper Song' and 'Princess and Prince Charming.' Both of which I loved, song and MV. I thought that the music video 'Grasshopper' was great for the song and may have actually even helped the song. I really like the move in the dance when Sunny Hill has their hands at the side of their head and it looked like gears turning on a clock. This song had a good message, the song was catchy, and the video helped enhance the meaning of the song, I loved it.
For 'Princess and Prince Charming' I like the choreography, there was a good message. I liked how it was.. how should I say this- literal. For instance when they said "Please don’t compare and analyze, we’re not cows." the MV showed  a cow and when they said "Out of 10 points, how many points did you give me?" the video showed the members measuring themselves.
Loved both songs very catchy and both had good messages.
Unlike Teen Top's 'Perfume' which was extremely catchy but was like the anthem of cheaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment